Skip to main content

Search to Find Children in Need of Special Education

Search to find children in need to special education through age 21 who live within the boundaries of Crawford, Cherokee, Bourbon, and Labette counties who have developmental delays or may be in need of special education.


If you have a child or know a child who you think has developmental delays or special need, contact:

Mr. Greg Kubler


Director of Special Education


400 North Pine Street

Pittsburg, KS 66762


Areas of special education include:  birth through age two (infant - toddler), early childhood disability, developmentally delayed, visual impairments including blindness, hearing impairments, including deafness, deaf - blindness, autism, traumatic brain injury, emotional disturbance, specific learning disabilities, mental retardation, multiple disabilities, orthopedic impairments, other health impairments, speech or language impairments, and gifted.


Parents are advised that all special education services are designed to offer the utmost in educational opportunities for each qualifying student, as well as to provide assistance and support in the areas of physical, mental, emotional, and social growth.  State and federal laws are followed in providing each student with a free appropriate public education in the least restrictive environment.


Call: 1-800-281-2749 or (620)235-3180 if you have a child or know a child who may need special education services.


Last Modified on October 28, 2020